Monday, October 15, 2007

Happy Birthday Dad!!

Okay so I am a day late, but I was running around all day yesterday getting ready for my Dad's big surprise party. Yesterday he turned 65, and at first I did not think that he was going to very gracious about it. Dennis and I went over to Mom and Dad's church to watch the kids in the primary program. That is about the only thing that will get me to church is watching the kids up there. They are so cute and fun to watch. Brayden could hardly keep his eyes open the whole time and kept laying his head down and letting his tongue hang out, I was just waiting for the drooling to start. But all the kids did their parts very well. Justin couldn't always remember all the words and when he was just trying to sing along it was very funny to watch him. Heather taught him a trick a while ago that if you don't know the words just get up there and mouth the word watermelon over and over. I have to say this doesn't work when Justin does it, but the results were very entertaining. Amber had about 10 parts because so many of the other kids either weren't there or didn't want to do, so she got to feel in. Christine said she was just glad that she didn't have to do the programs anymore, but I think that she missed it. After everyone got back from church and we had all the food set out (at this point I think that Dad was wondering what was going on) poeple started to show up. He was very interesting to watch, you would never have known that it was supposed to be a surprise, because he never acted a bit surprised. At 5 the family came over and then at 6 others started showing up. It was cool to see people I haven't seen in a while. They even had Sammy T Clown there. Not dressed up, but he was definately entertaining all the kids with his balloon making abilities. I am not one for crowds and the house was packed, but we survived. Over all it was a good little get together. Hope you had a great day Dad. We love you.

No comments:

3 Wheelin

Okay so here are the pictures of the night Dennis brought home our new 3-wheeler. As you can see they all got a turn to learn a little about how to ride it. Brayden was not allowed to control it on his own for obvious reason so Daddy is walking along side him, controlling the gas, he might have gotten up to 1 mph. Justin had no reservations about just gunning it so his picture is just himm getting instructions since he wiped out shortly after starting. No injuries and he thought it was "awesome" but I didn't so, he didn't get to ride anymore until he got his helmet and all the safety gear. Amber is such a ham as soon as she saw I was going to take the picture she had to try and look her best. She loves having her picture taken. Chris was so excited she wouldn't stay going slow enough that I could grab a good picture so that one is of her zooming by me. And yes even Dennis had to have a turn in the KIDS toy, you can see how silly he looks riding such a small one. But they all love it, maybe even one of these days they will get me on it, maybe.

3 Wheelin